GOD EXPECTS OBEDIENCE
TO BE OBEDIENT IS TO DO WHAT THE LORD SAYS
KJV Exodus 24:7
7. And he took the book of the covenant,
and read in the audience of the people: and they said, All that the Lord
hath said will we do, and be obedient.
WE ARE TO BE OBEDIENT TO THE FAITH BY THE WORD OF GOD
KJV Acts 6:7
7. And the word of God increased; and the number
of the disciples multiplied in Jerusalem greatly; and a great company of
the priests were obedient to the faith.
WE NEED TO OBEY GOD RATHER THAN MAN
KJV Acts 5:29
29. Then Peter and the other apostles
answered and said, We ought to obey God rather than men.
YOU CAN OBEY RIGHT OR WRONG NOT BOTH
KJV Romans 6:16-18
16. Know ye not, that to whom ye yield yourselves
servants to obey, his servants ye are to whom ye obey; whether of sin unto
death, or of obedience unto righteousness?
17. But God be thanked, that ye were the
servants of sin, but ye have obeyed from the heart that form of doctrine
which was delivered you.
18. Being then made free from sin, ye
became the servants of righteousness.
TO BE OBEDIENT ONE MUST HEAR THE WORD
KJV Romans 10:8-17
8. But what saith it? The word is nigh
thee, even in thy mouth, and in thy heart: that is, the word of faith,
which we preach;
9. That if thou shalt confess with thy
mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised
him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.
10. For with the heart man believeth unto
righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.
11. For the scripture saith, Whosoever
believeth on him shall not be ashamed.
12. For there is no difference between
the Jew and the Greek: for the same Lord over all is rich unto all that
call upon him.
13. For whosoever shall call upon the
name of the Lord shall be saved.
14. How then shall they call on him in
whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in him of whom
they have not heard? and how shall they hear without a preacher?
15. And how shall they preach, except
they be sent? as it is written, How beautiful are the feet of them that
preach the gospel of peace, and bring glad tidings of good things!
16. But they have not all obeyed the gospel.
For Esaias saith, Lord, who hath believed our report?
17. So then faith cometh by hearing, and
hearing by the word of God.
WE MUST OBEY TRUTH
KJV Galatians 3:1
1. O foolish Galatians, who hath bewitched
you, that ye should not obey the truth, before whose eyes Jesus Christ
hath been evidently set forth, crucified among you?
THERE WILL BE A DAY OF PUNISHMENT TO THOSE THAT OBEY
KJV 2 Thessalonians 1:7-9
7. And to you who are troubled rest with
us, when the Lord Jesus shall be revealed from heaven with his mighty angels,
8. In flaming fire taking vengeance on
them that know not God, and that obey not the gospel of our Lord Jesus
9. Who shall be punished with everlasting
destruction from the presence of the Lord, and from the glory of his power;
WE SHOULD NOT FELLOWSHIP THOSE THAT OBEY NOT, YET WE
SHOULD STILL ATTMEPT TO TEACH AND NOT TREAT AS A ENEMY
KJV 2 Thessalonians 3:14-15
14. And if any man obey not our word by
this epistle, note that man, and have no company with him, that he may
15. Yet count him not as an enemy, but
admonish him as a brother.
SALVATION OCCURS FROM OBEDIENCE TO CHRIST AND HIS WORD
KJV Hebrews 5:9
9. And being made perfect, he became the
author of eternal salvation unto all them that obey him;
THERE SHOULD BE A FEAR FOR THOSE NOT OBEDIENT
KJV 1 Peter 4:17
17. For the time is come that judgment must begin
at the house of God: and if it first begin at us, what shall the end be
of them that obey not the gospel of God?
PAUL SAID THE GOSPEL IS THE POWER UNTO SALVATION AND
FAITH IS ARRIVED THROUGH IT
KJV Romans 1:16-17
16. For I am not ashamed of the gospel
of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that
believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.
17. For therein is the righteousness of
God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live
SIXTEEN CHAPTERS LATER HE SAID THE GOSPEL WOULD MAKE
KNOW OBEDIENCE OF FAITH
KJV Romans 16:25-26
25. Now to him that is of power to stablish
you according to my gospel, and the preaching of Jesus Christ, according
to the revelation of the mystery, which was kept secret since the world
26. But now is made manifest, and by the scriptures
of the prophets, according to the commandment of the everlasting God, made
known to all nations for the obedience of faith:
THINK ABOUT THESE TWO PASSAGES -
KJV Ephesians 6:1
1. Children, obey your parents in the
Lord: for this is right.
KJV Colossians 3:20
20. Children, obey your parents in all things: for
this is well pleasing unto the Lord.
Now when you want your children to obey, do you expect
them to only obey what they want or all of what you say? (Analogy)
Child goes to store and is told to buy 1 Doz eggs, and milk. Child
goes buys the eggs, milk, and a can of pop. Did the child do as commanded?
We are given instructions that we are to be obedient to without addition
or subtraction to those directions.
KJV Revelation 22:18-19
18. For I testify unto every man that
heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto
these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this
19. And if any man shall take away from the words
of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book
of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written
in this book.
GOD SENT HIS SON TO DIE
KJV John 3:16
16. For God so loved the world, that he
gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not
perish, but have everlasting life.
HOW TO AQUIRE THAT SALVATION THAT CHRIST DEATH BRINGS?
KJV 2 Corinthians 5:15-18
15. And that he died for all, that they
which live should not henceforth live unto themselves, but unto him which
died for them, and rose again.
16. Wherefore henceforth know we no man
after the flesh: yea, though we have known Christ after the flesh, yet
now henceforth know we him no more.
17. Therefore if any man be in Christ,
he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are
18. And all things are of God, who hath reconciled
us to himself by Jesus Christ, and hath given to us the ministry of reconciliation;
Notice verse 17 if any be IN CHRIST
HOW DOES ONE GET INTO CHRIST?
WE KNOW THAT WE HAVE TO BELIEVE PER JOHN 3:16
WE KNOW THAT WE HAVE TO HEAR TO BELIEVE PER ROMANS
WE CAN SEE THAT WE MUST REPENT OF OUR SINS LUKE
WE CAN SEE THAT REPENTANCE OCCURS PRIOR TO BAPTISM
WE KNOW BY ROMANS 10:9-10 THAT WE MUST CONFESS
WE CAN SEE THAT CONFESSION OCCURS BEFORE BAPTISM
BUT TO GET INTO CHRIST
KJV Romans 6:3-6
3. Know ye not, that so many of us as
were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death?
4. Therefore we are buried with him by
baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by
the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.
5. For if we have been planted together
in the likeness of his death, we shall be also in the likeness of his resurrection:
6. Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with
him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should
not serve sin.
BE OBEDIENT TO THE GOSPEL TONIGHT THEN JUST SIMPLY
REMAIN OBEDIENT TO RECEIVE ETERNAL LIFE
Copyright 2000 by Brian
Yeager may be reproducted for non-commercial purposes at no cost to others.