TO SEEK AND DESTROY OR TO SEEK AND SAVE?
Many today in the body of Christ have the attitude of destruction.
They have lost the zeal that is required to save souls and they have misplaced
their goals. Christ commands us to save souls. To preach the
Gospel to the whole world (Matthew 28:18, and Mark 16:15-16), and baptize
those that accept the truth of the Gospel. This lesson will remind
us of Christ’s attitude towards the saving of souls. We cannot forget
that it is our duty to protect and defend the Gospel against false teachers
(Jude v3), yet we must place the saving of souls first. Even in the
defense of the Gospel our attitude should be to bring the erring to Christ
Jesus our Lord!
CHRIST CAME NOT TO DESTROY BUT TO SAVE
KJV Luke 9:56
56. For the Son of man is not come to destroy men's lives, but to
save them. And they went to another village.
TO DESTROY IS THE ATTITUDE THAT THE PHARISEES AND CHIEF PRIEST HAD
KJV Matthew 12:14
14. Then the Pharisees went out, and held a council against him,
how they might destroy him.
KJV Mark 11:18
18. And the scribes and chief priests heard it, and sought how they
might destroy him: for they feared him, because all the people was astonished
at his doctrine.
THE “DESTROY” ATTITUDE DOES END IN DESTRUCTION – AS IT DID WHEN CHRIST
DIED AND BARABBAS WAS SPARED DEATH
KJV Matthew 27:20
20. But the chief priests and elders persuaded the multitude that
they should ask Barabbas, and destroy Jesus.
IN CHRIST NAME WE SHOULD TEACH PEOPLE HOW TO DESTROY – TO DESTROY
THE SIN THAT CHRIST DIED TO WASH AWAY
KJV Romans 6:6
6. Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him, that the
body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin.
WE NEED TO HAVE THE ATTITUDE OF SAVING AS CHRIST DID
CHRIST CAME TO SAVE THE LOST
KJV Matthew 18:11
11. For the Son of man is come to save that which was lost.
TO SAVE THOSE THAT ENDURE
KJV Matthew 24:13
13. But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall
TO SAVE THOSE WHOM BELIEVE
KJV Mark 16:16
16. He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but
he that believeth not shall be damned.
IF YOU TRUULY BELIEVE THEN THE DEATH OF CHRIST WILL SAVE YOU
KJV John 3:15-17
15. That whosoever believeth in him should not perish,
but have eternal life.
16. For God so loved the world, that he gave his only
begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have
17. For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn
the world; but that the world through him might be saved.
CHRIST WAS CRUCIFIED AND THROUGH HIM IS THE ONLY SALVATION
KJV Acts 4:10-12
10. Be it known unto you all, and to all the people
of Israel, that by the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, whom ye crucified,
whom God raised from the dead, even by him doth this man stand here before
11. This is the stone which was set at nought of you
builders, which is become the head of the corner.
12. Neither is there salvation in any other: for there
is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.
THE UNMERITED FAVOR OF CHRIST IS SAVING US
KJV Acts 15:11
11. But we believe that through the grace of the Lord
Jesus Christ we shall be saved, even as they.
GOD SENT HIS SON BECAUSE HE LOVED US
KJV Romans 5:8-9
8. But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we
were yet sinners, Christ died for us.
9. Much more then, being now justified by his blood,
we shall be saved from wrath through him.
WE ARE TO PREACH THE CROSS, AND NOT BE UPSET OF THOSE THAT IT DOES
NOT MOVE TOWARDS CHRIST
KJV 1 Corinthians 1:17-18
17. For Christ sent me not to baptize, but to preach the gospel:
not with wisdom of words, lest the cross of Christ should be made of none
18. For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish
foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God.
CHRIST CAME TO SAVE SINNERS
KJV 1 Timothy 1:15
15. This is a faithful saying, and worthy of all acceptation,
that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners; of whom I am chief.
CHRIST WOULD HAVE ALL TO BE SAVED
KJV 1 Timothy 2:1-6
1. I exhort therefore, that, first of all, supplications,
prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks, be made for all men;
2. For kings, and for all that are in authority; that
we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and honesty.
3. For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God
4. Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto
the knowledge of the truth.
5. For there is one God, and one mediator between God
and men, the man Christ Jesus;
6. Who gave himself a ransom for all, to be testified
in due time.
WE CAN BE SAVED BY KNOWING THE WORD
KJV James 1:21
21. Wherefore lay apart all filthiness and superfluity
of naughtiness, and receive with meekness the engrafted word, which is
able to save your souls.
BY BELIEVING IT
KJV John 8:24
24. I said therefore unto you, that ye shall die in
your sins: for if ye believe not that I am he, ye shall die in your sins.
BY REPENTING OF OUR SINS
KJV Acts 17:30
30. And the times of this ignorance God winked at; but now commandeth
all men every where to repent:
BY CONFESSING CHRIST
KJV Matthew 10:32-33
32. Whosoever therefore shall confess me before men,
him will I confess also before my Father which is in heaven.
33. But whosoever shall deny me before men, him will
I also deny before my Father which is in heaven.
THE SAVING OCCURS AT BAPTISM
KJV 1 Peter 3:20-21
20. Which sometime were disobedient, when once the longsuffering
of God waited in the days of Noah, while the ark was a preparing, wherein
few, that is, eight souls were saved by water.
21. The like figure whereunto even baptism doth also now save us
(not the putting away of the filth of the flesh, but the answer of a good
conscience toward God,) by the resurrection of Jesus Christ:
Copyright 2000 by Brian
Yeager may be reproducted for non-commercial purposes at no cost to others.