The answer to that question is going to be found in this lesson. This lesson must be listened to and examined very carefully. Let us see Godís plan for Churches.
Last evening we talked of the Seven oneís in Ephesians Ch. 4. I mentioned that there would be more information on that one body that is found in verse 4. We also had a lesson yesterday morning on the inspiration of the Bible. In that lesson we discussed that the Bible was the final revelation to us. We reviewed the following verses which I believe would be wise to start this lesson with.
KJV 2 Peter 1:3
3. According as his divine power hath given unto us all things that pertain unto life and godliness, through the knowledge of him that hath called us to glory and virtue:
KJV Revelation 22:18-19
18. For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book:
19. And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.
KJV Galatians 1:8-9
8. But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed.
9. As we said before, so say I now again, If any
man preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him
THERE IS NO DIFFERENT WAY TO LOOK AT THINGS
The Bible is plain! God is not the author of confusion
KJV 1 Corinthians 14:33
33. For God is not the author of confusion, but
of peace, as in all churches of the saints.
NO DIVISION IN CHRIST
KJV 1 Corinthians 1:10-13
10. Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment.
11. For it hath been declared unto me of you, my brethren, by them which are of the house of Chloe, that there are contentions among you.
12. Now this I say, that every one of you saith, I am of Paul; and I of Apollos; and I of Cephas; and I of Christ.
13. Is Christ divided? was Paul crucified for
you? or were ye baptized in the name of Paul?
KJV John 17:20-21
20. Neither pray I for these alone, but for them also which shall believe on me through their word;
21. That they all may be one; as thou, Father, art in me, and I in thee, that they also may be one in us: that the world may believe that thou hast sent me.
IF CHRIST IS NOT DIVIDED THEN THERE MUST BE ONE CHURCH
The same as in
KJV Ephesians 4:4
4.4 There is one body, and one Spirit, even as ye are called in one hope of your calling
THE BODY IS THE CHURCH
KJV Colossians 1:18
And he is the head of the body, the church: who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead; that in all things he might have the preeminence.
KJV Matthew 16:13-18
13. When Jesus came into the coasts of Caesarea Philippi, he asked his disciples, saying, Whom do men say that I the Son of man am?
14. And they said, Some say that thou art John the Baptist: some, Elias; and others, Jeremias, or one of the prophets.
15. He saith unto them, But whom say ye that I am?
16. And Simon Peter answered and said, Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God.
17. And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven.
18. And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.
LET US STOP THE DIVISIONS
LET US BE ONE IN HIM
LET US PREACH, TEACH, AND LIVE ONLY FROM THE BIBLE
LET US BE CHRISTIANS!!!!!
Copyright 1999 by Brian
Yeager may be reproducted for non-commercial purposes at no cost to others.